Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Start

At 44, I think my life is fairly good. I am blessed and lucky to be able to say that and mean it.

But there are things I would change if I could.

I suspect my daughter has some version of ADHD and that it is getting worse. I am trying to help her and it is very hard to do.

My son is 16 and will soon be looking at colleges to start the next phase of his life. We raise our children to give them wings, right? But couldn't I just have him for another ten years or so?

I wish I was of more help to my husband with his job. He does a fabulous job a providing for his family and I support him 100%. But I can't take away the stress he feels and I wish I could ease it somehow.

So that leaves me. There are things I can do, things about myself, that I can control and change and that might leave me in a better spot to help my family. It will require hard work and a different way of thinking. Some dedication and focus. Probably a visit to the doctor at some point. Maybe some tequila.

At this point I don't want to share this yet with anyone I know. I have to keep track of things, hence this blog will become my journal. I want to work on making forward progress just by myself. If I can start it by myself, and get going by myself, then that is the hard part, the first step. And even slow motion is motion. So today I start Moving in the Right Direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment