Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 2

I'm going to start today by saying that I feel really good, I'm not hungry at all, had no headache last night, slept like a baby!

It's noon. I'm still on Juice #1. This time yesterday, I had started juice #3.

I want to chew something really bad. It doesn't even matter what it is. A grape. A piece of bread. A cracker. It's the chewing motion I miss right now. Weird.

I am waterlogged. I know why I'm not hungry, I haven't stopped my fluid intake! It is hard for me to get down this much liquid in a day (96 oz. of fresh juice, and about 36 oz. of water interspersed throughout the day).

I am going to modify the amounts of liquid, because I'd rather get some of the six juices in me, rather than pretty much have to punt the almond milk, like I did last night because I just couldn't drink anymore. I am going to take 12 of the 16 oz. and see if that's a bit easier. And I'll go down to 24 oz. of water in between.

I do need to admit that I did have two Triscuit crackers yesterday with Juice #3. I said yesterday that the Vitariffic juice (the green vegetable one) wasn't that bad, and I meant it. But when you're at 28 oz., looking at four more oz. to go, I needed something to help. Other than that, it's been all juice and water.

The coconut milk is fine, I got that one down without any problems. My disappointment yesterday was with the carrot, apple, beet juice. I was looking forward to that one and it wasn't what I had hoped for. I forgot to ask this morning when I went for my refill of juices if they juice the carrot and beet tops as well. I'm almost sure of it. The juice tasted like there was dirt in it. It was OK, but there was definitely a taste from the tops; it didn't ruin it for me, but I was disappointed. Hopefully today's batch will be better!

The last juice was the almond milk. To be quite honest, I got six oz. into it and quit. I was done for the day.

I never thought the amount would be a problem. I was ready for the taste to be awful, and found that wasn't a factor. I also thought I would be famished, again, not the case.

So, since I've been typing, I've gotten to 12 oz. of #1 and have started #2. The grapefruit mint is my favorite!

And instead of a one oz. shot of wheatgrass, this morning I had a two oz. shot.

I feel really good! That has been the best part of this, no fatigue, no drag, I'm alert and clear, I have been working on a project all morning on the computer and I've been racing through it and getting it done. Other than an occasional gurgle in my stomach, it's been good.

Tomorrow is the last day of the detox. Then it will be smarter choices beginning on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment